Seven more Admirals Club lounges are reopening for American Airlines passengers throughout October. They are:
• Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
• Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
• Denver International Airport (DEN)
• George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
• Nashville International Airport (BNA)
• Orlando International Airport (MCO)
• San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
American has been gradually returning their lounges to service after most were shuttered in March in response to coronavirus travel restrictions.
As part of airline’s multifaceted Clean Commitment in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the experience in all of the reopened lounges has been upgraded to bring back many customer favorites in ways that protect the wellbeing of customers and team members.
Beginning Oct. 1, complimentary customer favorites like avocado toast in the morning or guacamole with chips in the afternoon will return. These items will be prepared by lounge staff members wearing face coverings and gloves, behind protective acrylic screens at a safe social distance and served in disposable containers to reduce touchpoints between customers and team members.
Also new in October, self-service choices like cheese cubes, hummus, hard-boiled eggs, and fruit will be pre-packaged and individually portioned. Signature food-for-sale menu items reintroduced in August are currently available all day and accessed using QR codes. Menu offerings and service hours will vary by location.
Health and well-being improvements customers can expect at Admirals Club lounges include:
• A face covering requirement for all customers and team members in the lounge. These can only be briefly removed to eat or drink.
• Glass shields at reception and service desks.
• Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
• Purell Hand Sanitizer stations for customers.
• Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
• Capacity limited to 50%.
• Frequent and enhanced cleanings throughout the day.
Digital magazines and newspapers are free to download on your device and enjoy in the lounge and in flight. All customers need to do is connect to the Admirals Club Wi-Fi and visit read.aa.com for unlimited downloads.