Upper Midscale Leader Celebrates 40th Anniversary by Debuting New Hotel Prototype that Blends Form and Function to Optimize the Guest Experience and Developer Investment
Choice Hotels recently unveiled the new Comfort Rise & Shine prototype as the next milestone for its flagship, upper midscale brand. The first new construction Rise & Shine prototype hotels are expected to open in 2023.
The new prototype was designed in response to continuously evolving needs guests have and is meeting these with tailored spaces for travelers to relax, work, sleep and get ready for their day. New and existing elements of the design combine to maintain connective threads to the best of the current offering, while adapting to meet the changing needs of today’s traveler. Some of these updates include:
- Outdoor patios anchored by an indoor/outdoor fireplace, a warm touch designed to make guests feel at home.
- Open, airy and active public spaces with high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows to maximize natural lighting.
- A multi-purpose flex room that seamlessly converts to serve a variety of uses.
- Guestrooms featuring upgraded fixtures and furniture, including semi-open closets and new “on the go” stations at the door.
- Functional yet uplifting lighting throughout the prototype including the front desk welcome wall, public space millwork shelving, exclusive up-lighting on the guest room headboard wall and media panel and on the prototype exterior.
“As the name ‘Rise & Shine’ suggests, light is integral to the new design, inspired in part by our refreshed brand identity and new signage serving as a beacon for the brand,” said Megan Brumagim, vice president, brand management, design and compliance, Choice Hotels. “The prototype combines the features, design and amenities that guests want, with the efficiency, functionality and flexibility that developers expect. It offers spaces that can transform from day to night and serve a broad range of guest stays, whether business or leisure. The new prototype reinforces the brand’s strong value proposition with guests and owners by blending form and function to help optimize the guest experience and developers’ investment.”
Comfort guests will continue to experience spacious guestrooms, complimentary hot breakfasts, free Wi-Fi and 100% smoke-free facilities.
The Comfort brand of Choice now has more than 1,600 hotels in the U.S. and a pipeline of nearly 300 properties, about 80% of which are new builds.
The new Comfort Rise & Shine prototype builds on some of the brand’s familiar features including:
- An efficient footprint: With reduced square footage, the Rise & Shine prototype delivers elevated fit and finish while maintaining Comfort’s efficient, cost-effective operating advantage.
- Innovative functionality: From a welcoming outdoor porch to an innovative new flex room that easily transforms from additional breakfast space to meeting and event space, the new prototype offers versatile spaces that can create additional revenue opportunities.
- Flexible and fresh design: Backed by consumer research and developer feedback, the Rise & Shine design package comes in three color schemes, allowing developers to customize their choice to fit the needs of their local market, all while retaining the warm and welcoming personality for which Comfort is known. Developers can choose among the following:
- City – bold yet approachable with rich wood tones and an energized color palette.
- Sea – calm and soothing with muted colors and light wood tones.
- Sun – vibrant and cheerful with a relaxed yet optimistic feel.
“Upper midscale and midscale are Choice Hotels’ sweet spots, and no one knows these segments better than we do,” said David Pepper, chief development officer, Choice Hotels.