Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels of the World are expanding their ongoing alliance with World of Hyatt privileges available at some 300 participating SLH hotels around the world. Since launching in November 2018, the alliance has grown by 500 percent with the number of participating SLH properties in the World of Hyatt program . The alliance will continue to expand throughout 2020.
World of Hyatt members now have access to more than 300 of SLH’s luxury boutique hotels that offer new locations across growth markets for Hyatt, including:
• Le Refuge de la Traye, a mountain retreat in the French Alps with newly renovated eco-luxury chalets set between lake and mountain in Les 3 Vallées ski region
• Arima Hotel, a boutique hideaway in the Basque region of San Sebastián, Spain with leading authority in eco-friendly lodging that offers majestic views of the Miramón forest
• Vista Palazzo Lago di Como, a 19th century Venetian-style Palazzo offering 18 palatial rooms and suites, known for its glamour and panoramic views of world-famous Lake Como
• Ksar Char-Bagh in Morocco, a stunning Moorish palace in a Marrakech palm grove oozing opulence and tranquility with its Persian-style gardens and plunge pools
• French CoCo, an all-suite Caribbean escape set on the beautiful island of Tartane, Martinique
• The Reef by CuisinArt, a luxury beach resort in Anguilla nestled on the southerly shores of Merrywing Bay overlooking the beautiful coastline
“Our purpose at SLH is to perfectly match the world’s independent travelers with the most individual, intimate and intense hotel and travel experiences around the world,” said Jean-François Ferret, SLH CEO. “This strategic alliance has allowed us to significantly expand our brand awareness by sharing our distinct properties with more than 16 million World of Hyatt members. The independently-owned hotels participating in this program have seen immediate results and the benefits of sharing their vision with World of Hyatt members.”
Since launching, the World of Hyatt and SLH alliance has added 27 new countries where World of Hyatt members can earn and redeem points, including such destinations as Sweden, Laos, Turks & Caicos, Portugal, Kenya, Iceland, Belize, New Zealand, Belgium and Anguilla.
Earning and Redemption
• World of Hyatt members earn five Base Points per $1 spent on eligible room revenue
• World of Hyatt members will receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10 percent Discoverist, 20 percent Explorist, 30 percent Globalist)
• Qualifying nights at SLH hotels will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
• World of Hyatt members can redeem points to use for free night awards on SLH hotel reservations; each SLH property has been categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart
• All World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will earn an additional four Bonus Points, for a total of nine World of Hyatt points, per $1 spent at participating SLH properties. Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will earn an additional three Bonus Points (U.S. only)
Participating SLH properties will provide the following on-property benefits to all World of Hyatt members who book through Hyatt, regardless of status:
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Daily complimentary continental breakfast for two guests
• Room upgrade (one category at check-in if available)
• Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
• Late check-out (2:00pm, based upon availability at check-in)
SLH 3K Stay Promotion
To further celebrate the continued expansion of this relationship, World of Hyatt members can earn 3,000 Bonus Points for every eligible paid stay at participating SLH properties. To participate, travelers must:
• Be a World of Hyatt member (enroll here – membership is complimentary)
• Register for the promotion (through January 31, 2020) by visiting the promotion landing page on hyatt.com or through the Hyatt Global Contact Center in order to earn Bonus Points
• Complete an eligible paid stay at any participating SLH hotel by March 2, 2020.
New Entrants to Small Luxury Hotels of the World Collection
Gangtey Lodge – Phobjikha Valley, Bhutan
12 rooms from $520 per night
Sheltered by towering mountains, dense forests and hidden amongst a cluster of farmhouses, Gangtey Lodge is the very first SLH property in the Kingdom of Bhutan, and is tucked away in one of the most remote destinations in the world. This all-suite Lodge offers breathtaking views of Gangtey Valley from every angle. Whether taking breakfast on the balcony, soaking in the bathtub or finding a cozy nook next to the fireplace, guests will be wrapped in natural beauty. Inspired by traditional farmhouses, the rooms at the Lodge feature wooden beds, exposed beams and delicately painted designs on the walls. Soft lighting compliments the earthy red and yellow furnishings to create a feeling of warmth. Modern amenities, like slate underfloor heating, add a touch of luxury without offsetting the traditional design. Of course, there is always the option to venture outside of the Lodge and experience Bhutanese culture first-hand. Attend Evening Prayer at the Shedra with the chance to meet with the monks afterwards, or take part in a Buddhist meditation class.
Insider Tip: For something more adventurous, Gangtey Lodge offers guided hikes across the mountain paths. After an exhilarating day of exploring, return to the comfort of the Lodge and a Bhutanese Hot Stone Bath – pure bliss.
Barbuda Belle – Barbuda, Caribbean
8 rooms from $890 per night
Pink sands meet turquoise waters at Barbuda Belle. This Caribbean retreat is made up of just a handful of private wooden residences, each set up for the ultimate in lavish beach luxury. The cabana-style bungalows take their design cues from the tropical setting: rustic and elegant, yet with all the hallmarks of contemporary comfort. Take in the sea views from a private balcony before heading back to the cool of a beachside cabana. Back at the hotel, expect fine dining à la carte, with a chef who catches breakfast in the early morning hours, prepared to perfection and delivered to the table, cabana, or beachfront lounger. Spa time at Barbuda Belle means drifting away to the sound of gently lapping waves while in the expert hands of the therapists. Choose from a carefully curated menu of treatments using award-winning L’Occitane products.
Insider Tip: Take a kayak tour among the mangroves, dive the lively reef and wrecks, or visit the nearby frigate sanctuary and watch over 20,000 birds fly, nest and feed.
100 Rizes Seaside Resort – Mani, Greece
30 rooms from $110 per night
Modern and traditional Grecian style meet on the dramatic Mani Peninsula. 100 Rizes Seaside Resort was inspired by stone Maniat tower houses and creates the feel of a traditional Grecian village. Each room is an invitation to unwind, with beautiful views of the surrounding hills and Ionian Sea. Their stone walls contrast beautifully with wooden floors and furnishings in neutral tones of cream and terracotta. Some of the roomier suites are more like apartments and cater to small groups – opt for the largest suite with a private garden. Wake up to a hearty Greek buffet breakfast each morning. When it comes to lunch or dinner, simply arrive at 100 Rizes Seaside Resort’s à la carte restaurant for fine dining with an international twist. Enjoy coffee, refreshments and cocktails all day – either in the room, by the pool, or on the beach. And because the hotel has its own private beach, the waves are only a short stroll away.
Insider Tip: The spa at 100 Rizes Seaside Resort draws on local ingredients – including its surrounding olive trees, thalassotherapy and opuntia. Schedule a massage or work out in its fully-equipped fitness room. The indoor heated pool is ideal for a swim if the temperature drops.
The Lumiares Hotel & Spa – Lisbon, Portugal
47 rooms from $255 per night
This stylish boutique hotel is located in the thriving and fashionable Bairro Alto district. The style and taste honor the ancient Countess of Lumiares with modern luxurious comforts – a combination that perfectly captures the versatility and vibrancy of the city. From studio to penthouse, the apartment-style rooms are designed to be a ‘home away from home’. Each features a kitchenette and a comfortable living area, and the rooms are fitted with soundproof windows to assure comfort and tranquility. On the 5th floor, Lumi Rooftop offers a delicious and contemporary menu using in season and locally sourced ingredients.
Insider Tip: Spend an evening taking in the sights and sounds of the city from the comfort of the Lumi Rooftop Bar.
Rawah Ranch – Colorado, USA
9 rooms from $1,234 per night
The spirit of the Wild West is alive and well at Rawah Ranch. Standing beneath the pines in the Laramie River Valley of Northern Colorado, this is the place to channel an inner cowboy – or simply connect with the great outdoors. Colorado’s diverse landscape and history find their way into the nine cozy wooden cabins, which ooze old world charm and make guests feel instantly at home. Vintage rocking-chairs are ideal for end-of-the-day relaxation, while inside it’s mountain chic from floor to ceiling. Rugs in indigenous prints pair beautifully with sumptuous beds, wooden furniture and log-burning stoves. The Aspens and Indians lodges are ideal for getaways amongst the trees, while Mackward is the hotel’s signature family cabin.
Insider Tip: Those of sturdy heart have the chance to go white-water rafting, horseback riding or camp under the stars.