U.S. News cites Four Seasons Resort Lanai as best in US; La Réserve Paris as Europe’s finest
by Lark Gould
U.S. News & World Report released its 10th edition of its Best Hotels rankings, which evaluate more than 30,000 luxury hotels and resorts across the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Finding put Four Seasons Resort Lanai as the No. 1 Best Hotel in the USA for its countless amenities, ranging from sunset yoga to a world-class golf course, and its idyllic setting. The Langham, Chicago follows at No. 2 and The Peninsula Chicago at No 3. These hotels rank highly due to consistent stellar service, memorable on-site amenities and extraordinary accommodations.
Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico is the Best Hotel in the Caribbean following an extensive renovation that brought updates to the property's rooms, restaurants, spa and landscape. Meanwhile, Jade Mountain in St. Lucia maintains the top spot as the Best All-Inclusive Resort in the Caribbean, if only for its on-site cuisine and varied meal plan options. Its three-walled "sanctuaries," or rooms offer incredible views of the Caribbean Sea and the Pitons.
For the Best Hotels in Mexico, One&Only Palmilla in Cabo San Lucas takes the top spot, while Grand Velas Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas is the Best All-Inclusive Resort in Mexico. The two properties, which sit less than 7 miles apart, both receive praise from recent guests for their top-notch restaurants and panoramic views.
The Fairmont Pacific Rim earns recognition as the Best Hotel in Canada and Rosewood Bermuda ranks No. 1 on this year's Best Hotels in Bermuda list. La Réserve Paris – Hotel and Spa remains the No. 1 Best Hotel in Europe for the second consecutive year.
Over the past decade, properties have continue to evolve to accommodate changing consumers and their needs. Properties draw on their local surroundings and culture to provide one-of-a-kind experiences for their guests, as well as to stand out in the increasingly competitive hospitality space. Hotels now, more and more, offer sought-after perks like free Wi-Fi access and complimentary evening happy hours.
"This 2020 ranking of the U.S. News Best Hotels marks 10 years of helping travelers find their ideal hotel, no matter the destination, budget or duration," said Zach Watson, travel editor at U.S. News. "The hotel rankings provide a range of information on all types of accommodations, from tranquil boutique hotels on the beach to luxurious city high-rises with incredible amenities, so consumers can determine what will best fit their vacation."
2020 Best Hotels Rankings
1. Four Seasons Resort Lanai 2. The Langham, Chicago 3. The Peninsula Chicago 4. Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach 5. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
1. Fairmont Pacific Rim 2. Rosewood Hotel Georgia 3. Wickaninnish Inn 4. Auberge Saint-Antoine 5. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
1. One&Only Palmilla 2. Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection 3. Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort 4. Rosewood Mayakoba 5. Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal
1. La Réserve Paris – Hotel and Spa 2. The Lanesborough 3. The Connaught 4. Grand Hotel Tremezzo 5. The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
Caribbean 1. Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve 2. Jade Mountain 3. Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France 4. Tortuga Bay 5. Round Hill Hotel and Villas
1. Rosewood Bermuda 2. Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Club 3. The Loren at Pink Beach 4. Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa 5. Fairmont Southampton