Uber Now Offers “No Chatting” Option among other Service Upgrades
A new, enhanced set of features debut today designed to appeal to women and busy business travelers
by Lark Gould
This is my new post template
Dread those chatty cab ride convos? Now passengers taking an Uber Black or Uber Black SUV can literally opt out of talking to one’s driver by clicking special preferences inside the Uber app. The choices are available only on Uber’s premium channels and offers the following options:
• Quiet Mode: Riders in need of quiet to respond to emails or just want a quick nap en route to the destination, make their trip a quiet one with just an app tap. If they are in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
• Help with Luggage: The app now lets a driver know an extra pair of hands are needed for luggage management.
• Temperature Control: The app allows riders to communicate with drivers regarding optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
• Extended Pickup Period: Riders can request a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
• Premium Support: Passengers can access premium phone support with live agents if there is something that needs to be made right.
• Professionalism: Passengers can ride with confidence knowing that their driver has been vetted and trained to offer professional service.
• Consistent Vehicle Quality: Riders can expect consistency in kinds of rides and vehicles with every request.
The new options are expected to be popular with female passengers, offering more safeguards and assurances when they use Uber. New driver and vehicle requirements are currently present in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, Eastern Shore, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York City, Orange County, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix, The Rockies, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, St. Louis, Toronto, Ventura, and Washington DC.